Statistics released today by the Canadian Real Estate Association (CREA) show national home sales were up in February 2022 as buyers jumped on the first batch of spring listings.
- National home sales rose 4.6% on a month-over-month basis in February.
- Actual (not seasonally adjusted) monthly activity came in 8.2% below the record February in 2021.
- The number of newly listed properties bounced back by 23.7% month-over-month.
- The MLS® Home Price Index (HPI) rose a record 3.5% month-over-month and was up a record 29.2% year-over-year.
- The actual (not seasonally adjusted) national...