Statistics released today by the Canadian Real Estate Association (CREA) show national home sales set another all-time record in January 2021.
- National home sales rose 2% on a month-over-month (m-o-m) basis in January.
- Actual (not seasonally adjusted) activity was up 35.2% year-over-year (y-o-y).
- The number of newly listed properties dropped by 13.3% from December 2020 to January 2021.
- The MLS® Home Price Index (HPI) rose 1.9% m-o-m and was up 13.5% y-o-y.
- The actual (not seasonally adjusted) national average sale price posted a 22.8% y-o-y gain in January.
Home sales recorded...